1. Download 1.2invoice, or open 1.2invoice from your saved files.
2. Save the file as 2.9invoice.
3. Enter the new labels SUBTOT, TAX, SHIPPING, SUBTOT, DISC, and TOTAL, and the values in the cell locations shown below.
4. Calculate the AMOUNT for each item by entering a formula to multiply QUANT by UNIT PRICE. Click in the cell where the answer should appear. Press the equal sign (=), click the first cell to be calculated, enter the mathematical operator, click the next cell to be calculated (etc.), then press the Enter key when all cells and mathematical operators have been entered.
5. Use the AutoSum feature to calculate the subtotal in Cell F11 (for the range of Cells F5:F8). Click in the cell where the answer should appear. Click the AutoSum button (looks like an E) on the standard toolbar. Enter the cells in the range (separate the cell addresses with a colon), or highlight the cells in the range to be calculated, then press Enter.
6. Calculate the TAX, which is 6%. Enter a formula to multiply the first subtotal by .06.
7. Calculate the second SUBTOTAL in Cell F14. Use the AutoSum feature to add the tax and shipping to the subtotal in Cell F11.
8. Calculate the TOTAL. Enter a formula to subtract the discount from the second subtotal.
9. Format all money amounts to include a comma and two decimal places; format the TOTAL for currency ($0,000.00). Select the numbers to format, click the appropriate number format button on the Formatting toolbar.
10. Center column headings.
11. Apply bold to the total amount and to the word TOTAL.
12. Set the page to print with grid-lines and column and row headings.
13. Preview the file, then print one copy.
14. Save the changes; close the file.
Have fun, learn lots