With this project you will be using the External method of applying CSS to your HTML again.
There are NINE, yes (9) HTML documents that will be styled using one CSS document. The HTML documents are simple, containing just a few simple HTML elements.
I will give you specifics about how I want the CSS to be written but I will NOT be giving you ALL the information you need; you will have to look most of it up on your own. (You know where to look).
- Create a folder to contain the site. Name the folder “CSS_Ext_Three”.
- Create sub-folder to contain the images for this site. Name the folder “images”.
- Download the HTML pages that were created for you and save them in the folder.
- bt.js Download Bt
- Download the images that were created for you and save them in your “images” folder.
- ad1.gif View this photo
- ad2.gif View this photo
- ad3.jpg View this photo
- ad4.jpg View this photo
- ban_ad1.jpg View this photo
- go.gif l View this photo
- logo.png View this photo
- London-Greenwich-map.jpg View this photo
- London-Bloomsbury-map.jpg View this photo
- London-City-map-11.jpg View this photo
- London-Clerkenwell.gif View this photo
- London-Marylebone.jpg View this photo
- London-Mayfair-map.jpg View this photo
- London-South-Bank.gif View this photo
- London-Marylebone-2010.jpg View this photo
- London-Notting-Hill-map-2012.jpg View this photo
- rss.gif View this photo
- sky_ad1.gif View this photo
- sky_ad2.jpg View this photo
- Create a CSS document to hold all of your CSS styling rules. Make sure it has the .css file extension. (name it whatever you wish.)
- Use the HTML <link> tag to connect each HTML page to your newly created CSS file.
- Make sure that any images are linked correctly through their “src” attributes. (no dead images)
- Study the “mock-up” provided to you carefully, and add the necessary style rules to your CSS document. (You may have to look some of them up to find out the exact selectors, properties, and values)(mock-up is named “screenshot_instructions.png” and provided via blog entry -”CSS External Third Project”, and at the bottom of this document.)
- Make sure that the .css document you created is linked to ALL the HTML pages that require it.
- FTP all files associated with this site to your instructor.
Have fun - Mr. Hennings